|i am a question to the world (andimstillhere) wrote,|
@ 2020-01-01 09:15:00
never made it as a wise man.
NICKNAMES: crazy, hermit, old guy, crazy guy, weird guy, etc.
AGE: appears in his 40's but is actually older than a lot of dirt
DOB: in the beginning
PLACE OF BIRTH: god's hand
ROLE: god's voicemail aka the scribe
GENDER: human male
MARITAL STATUS: n/a
SIBLINGS: all the angel babies
• became obsessed with show tunes in the thirties and knows every single word to every damn single musical ever made because he's had all the time in the world to watch them.
• because his mind is so full and scattered that he often forgets simple human necessities; like showering and combing his hair.
• his favorite animals were dinosaurs and he misses them terribly.
• he's a hoarder
• completely vegetarian. unless the animal has died naturally. than he consumes the poor beastie out of respect and honor for their departed spirit.
• he doesn't have a car or a license so don't ask him to drive. he travels by foot or by horse ONLY. he's terrified of automobiles and he hates planes. boats are acceptable.
• keeps to an old tiny cabin in the middle of the woods where he grows his own food.
• avoids people at all costs.
• sings ALL THE TIME.
• can't handle technology. at all. just don't even try. he'll break it.
• he misses God so much, sometimes he just sits and stares up at the sky, hoping God will show up
i couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
Contrary to popular belief, Metatron is not an archangel but simply one of many of the lowly soldiers. He was hand-picked by God to be his Voice and to bring the Word into existence. Which, for him, was a blessing above all others. He had not always been the most popular angel, isolated from most who did not understand him or thought themselves better. Metatron had an affinity for the lovely little animals and creatures and all things that God made, finding it easier to communicate with them than his fellow angels.
At God's side, Metatron was there to observe humanity from the beginning. Humans were a nice touch and such cute little things but they were so dramatic. All those problems! He didn't quite understand why God loved them so much and did such great things for them when they were so unappreciative and continued to disobey him but who was he to question Father? He was there to dictate, not advise. Maybe there was just something about them that he did not see and so kept his trust in God, sure that his Father knew best. He wasn't about to leave Heaven and go mingle with the humans but still, he could admire them from afar.
But others did not share this feeling. Lucifer, who Metatron had always thought to be the most wondrous angel of them all, became overcome with jealousy over God's love for the new beings. Humans were horrid and undeserving. He asked their Father to destroy them, feeling that the humans were more trouble than they were worth. Many other angels agreed, siding with the most beloved angel. But God said no, to the surprise of them all. Enraged at being refused, Lucifer took to creating his own army, those that believed as he did, and attacked Heaven. It was a war unlike any other before or that would be. Metatron kept at God's side, unshaken. When Lucifer was defeated, he was sure that all would go back to the way it had been and that all would be forgiven. But God saw Lucifer's actions as a betrayal and threw him from Heaven and banished into a new existence, to Hell, along with all of the other angels who had fought with the archangel. Though Metatron thought this punishment somewhat harsh, especially after all those seals, he trusted that God knew what he was doing.
Then there came the arguments. Of course the remaining angels in Heaven were good soldiers, always at hand and happy to take any order their Father gave them but there was unrest. Had humanity been worth it? But his brothers and sisters kept to their duty, including Metatron, in protecting the humans from Lucifer, who was determined to see them corrupted. It was a constant battle, one that raged through the centuries.
The humans grew and spread throughout the Earth, Metatron making sure to catalog every little thing God told him to about them. It ostracized him from his siblings, as busy as he was, but he was quite fine with that. Taking the Word of God was something Metatron was good at. The best, if he could boast. The longer that he spent watching them, the more that the angel grew to appreciate them. It took awhile but Metatron did eventually understand why God adored them so much. And then there were times he understood why his Father became so angry with them. That flood had been quite intense. But as hard as their Father could be on the humans, he could be just as gentle. All of this Metatron wrote, fascinated at the ways humanity evolved over time. Yet, as much as the angel knew of them, he had no desire to live among them. He was quite satisfied at the right hand of God. There was no other place he would rather be.
Then the unthinkable happened.
No one probably despaired more than Metatron. Like a puppy who had been abandoned, the angel kept to the same spot in Heaven, hoping and waiting for God to return. Metatron would have waited literally forever but the other angels, even the archangels were becoming restless. They started talking of taking Heaven as their own, of going against the Word of God and closing out humanity. They were becoming selfish. Violent. Petty. They were willing to do anything it took to get what they wanted and they turned to Metatron for the tablets. But the angel had known they would be coming for them and had left Heaven, descending to Earth for the first time, with the intent of hiding the tablets and keeping them from his angry brothers and sisters.
Thanks to the generosity of the Native American Tribe of the Two Rivers, Metatron was able to stay hidden from the angels and Heaven. They were a lovely little bunch of humans and to thank them, the angel blessed them with immortality as long as they provided him with their stories. He was fascinated by them and enjoyed his time there, though after some time, the same passion that had once entertained him started to annoy the angel. It was fine to watch from a distance but to be up close and personal with the humans was a bit much for him so Metatron took to keeping on his own. He was used to the solitude but for the first time, God was not there to speak to him. It drove the angel a bit mad. The silence was too much for him and he often filled the silence with his own voice. He started talking with the animals in the woods, feeling that they were so much more simple than humans and easier to keep control over.
At one point, when the humans started encroaching more and more onto the land he was trying to hide on, Metatron tried to venture out into the world. He got as far as New York City. There were plenty of stories to be found there! One in particular was a young human boy by the name of Remy Lemieux. The boy had miraculously escaped the clutches of war but had lost his entire family. Metatron spotted him sleeping on a park bench one night while he was out looking for dragons. Feeling a kinship with this little human, Metatron took him in and gave him a home. He was eager to have someone else to talk to, especially one as eager to learn as Remy. Metatron shared what he could with the boy, feeding him the same stories that he had learned while also learning a few of his own from Remy. It seemed that Metatron had found his niche in life, going so far as to adopt the boy and send him through high school and watch him grow up. For the first time, he wasn't lonely.
Then Remy left.
What little sanity the angel had left disappeared with the human. Leaving New York City, Metatron took to wandering back to the woods near the Tribe of Two Rivers. There was still some land left so he built a tiny cabin far away from everyone. The angels hadn't found him yet, aside from Gabriel who kept tabs on him from time to time, and he liked it that way. The humans only checked on him to make sure he was alive and even that stopped eventually. The next several decades, Metatron spent working on his garden, keeping his little spot of forest safe and taking care of the animals while slowly descending into utter madness that one usually does when one is on their own for so long without any human contact.
God still hasn't come back.
But Gabriel is still around. Metatron got word from his brother that he was in a place called Seattle. After not hearing from Gabriel for so long, the angel decided that it would be good to see him again and pay him a visit. There's plenty of woods to hide in there.
* Since coming to Seattle and reuniting with his adoptive son, Remy, things have become quite good in Metatron's life. He's come out of his hermit-stye of living and ventured out again into the world of humans and their dramatic lives. But not all are so dramatic. Metatron truly has begun to care again for humanity, or at least the few sweet ones that he has come to know or have found again, like Alice the Watcher he met while in New York. Though a few of the humans know he is an angel, he does not make this public knowledge. He still is hesitant about meeting with his siblings again but they don't seem to be upset still over the fight from so long ago. He has even started to become chummy again with Lucifer, who he is quite ecstatic to see and talk to again. He is still hopeful that their Father will return but is losing hope that he will and has started to become susceptible to his sibling's gossip.
tired of living like a blind man.
+ he's lived for as long as any of the other angels and he's a hard one to kill, if you can find him. his mind might not be in one piece but when push comes to shove, he goes into soldier mode and goes all murdery. his blade is in a secret place. he just forgot where that was about half a century ago.
+ though pushed from Heaven, he still has nearly all of his power and grace in tact. In order to keep a low profile and stay hidden, he does not use his enhanced abilities (strength, healing, summoning of Holy Light) unless necessary. while he was with the Two Rivers Tribe, he did grant them immortality as long as they gave him stories but he hasn't done that in awhile.
+ he communicates best with animals, able to sense their needs and wants much easier than he would of an actual human. it's almost uncanny how he 'talks' with the animals, as if they talk back. he knows how to calm them and keep them in control.
+ he's familiar with all languages and matters of speech, forgotten or dead. the new lingo this century befuddles him and he doesn't like using dictionaries. he's been around since the Word was formed so he knows more than that Webster, thank you.
01. Shane O'Connel, a former mid 40's detective from New York in the 1930's. He'd never had a beard in his life until Meta got him. Or gone so long without a proper shower or bath.
02. A dutiful husband but having a secret affair with his partner on the side. Thankfully the missus never found out and presumed he was dead after he went 'missing' for five years.
03. Stands at a proud 6'1" and often intimidates others when he hulks around and stares, though he doesn't mean to.
04. Meta prefers his natural form better but being human isn't so bad because hey, clothes! There are so many of them and they're comfy and colorful and all different!
05. Can't remember if this is his true vessel or not. He's pretty sure it is and he wrote something about it a long time ago but that's lost. If his true vessel was a dragon, he would be very happy.
06. Absolutely hates television commercials.
07. Children are a delight to him. They are the purest path to God's mind and heart. He doesn't take well to others forcing children to grow up faster or to corrupt or hurt them.
CONTACT: journal post
PB: Timothy Omundson